Sunday, March 4, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 231 Recovered

1. Wrote 'Thank You' cards to the school's custodians
              We have had a recent change in custodial staff lately, but I must say that everything seems to be settling down. The one noticed that my trash was not collected last night so she came in early today to check my office and other classrooms within the music department. She also spent time this past weekend cleaning and polishing the floors so that everything looked great for Monday morning. The other custodian is fairly, but he works so hard and takes a lot of pride in his work. I rarely see him without a mop or fixing something constantly around the school. This morning he laid out the new rugs that the front door entrance. He then vacuumed and daily spot checks them - just to make sure that everything looks great - and it does. Needless to say that they deserved a thank you card of appreciation.

2. Bought more school supplies
                  I have decided to use my offering money throughout the lent season to purchase various items that are needed for the church project. Today it was scissors - tomorrow?

3. Bought cookies for Arts Festival
                 Tonight we have the Fine Arts festival at my school. Its a great event because it showcases the various items from the art department and music, as well as, other contents that use either art or music within their curriculum. The organizer - one of the school's art teachers - has been working really hard in putting everything together. I over heard her fretting yesterday that she didn't have enough of cookies for the event. This was a simple fix to do for her.

4. Wrote a 'Great Job' note to the Art Teacher
                I really must say that everything turned out brilliantly tonight! Everyone's hard work really paid off because the event was just so nice. I had to write the art teacher a note expressing my appreciation and that she did a great job. I also included some of her favorite chocolate candy.

5. Bought performing band students some extra treats
               So many of my band students performed at this extra Arts Festival, as well as, prepared themselves for another festival that was held this weekend - 50 students to be exactly. I was so proud of everyone that participated because they put in a lot of extra time. I was very pleased in the fact that 10 students received high enough scores that qualified them to perform at the State Level Festival. The least that I could do was to buy each of them a special candy treat to show my appreciation of all of their hard work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment