Monday, March 5, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 233 Recovered

1. Sharpened pencils at church
            So I noticed at church this morning while my son was completing a biblical word search that all of the pencils at the children's were down to the bare nubs of the lead. After the service, I easily scooped them all up and sharpened each one so that the children would have something nice to write with at the next Sunday. Then my OCD kicked in and I spent the next 10 minutes searching other pencils within the worship area that needed 'polishing' - mainly the musician's writing tools. This may be a small thing to do, but next time someone is looking for a pencil to write with, I know that there will be plenty.

2. Wrote my son's teacher a Birthday card
              I actually didn't write it, but I assisted my son in doing so. At first he complained a little at the tedious task, but after explaining that wishing people that you know a Happy Birthday is a sign of respect for the other person. When he went to school today, he was really eager to give her his card :-)

3. Wrote my son's Godfather a Birthday card
              Again, I was only there for the assistance and encouraged my son to do the task. This card was easier to complete because he understood the premise of the activity. In addition, I sent him a text this morning wishing him a great day. Sometimes these little things make a world of difference.

4. Wrote a Thank You card to a friend
             I must admit that although I take comfort with these pennies, I am struggling with some personal issues. I have a few beautiful friends in my life that I deeply depend on - mostly as a day to day basis to help me keep grounded. One in particular have recently been my shoulder to cry on without passing any judgement. Although they can not fix my problems, it is comforting to know that I can confide in them. So I just needed to send a 'Thank You' note in expressing my gratefulness of their friendship - and included a special item inside - again, to show my appreciation.

5. Wrote an Encouraging card to a co-worker
              So a co-worker of mine has recently had a complicated surgery; actually part 1 of a three part surgery. I am so proud of her and the strength that she has shown throughout this whole health ordeal. She really is an inspiration of courage and bravery. Anyway, I just wanted to do something nice for her and her family - so I wrote her a 'hang in there' card and included a gift card to a local restaurant that would be useful for her husband. I hope that this brings her some joy in the midst of some rough days.

No comments:

Post a Comment