Sunday, March 18, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 237 Recovered

1. Donated clothes to clothing drive
                  So spring is just around the corner and what a wonderful way to clean out my closet then to donate the clothes to a drive that we are having at school. Not only was I able to straighten my closet more, I was also able to clean up my son's clothes to. Everything that we donated was in good use with limited stains and even more limited holes. I hope that these clothes will go to good use.

2. Made Cherry Pies for students
                So there is a wonderful math teacher within my building that just came off of maternity leave. I remember how hard it was when I first left Sean and how much my heart ached being without him from day today. On top of this discomfort, her baby girl has some serious health issues and the teacher lost her mother last year. So needless to say, this teacher has had a roller-coaster life this past year. I just wanted to do something nice for her and her students in honor of "Pi ~ 3.14 (March 14) Day." So I made her and her 80 students these mini cherry cheese pies.

3. Gave all the Math teachers a special treat
             So our state assessments are soon approaching in the matter of days and math in our school has traditionally been our weaker area. Anyway, also in honor of 'Pi ~ 3.14 (March 14) Day' - I just wanted to do something nice for all of the math teachers. So I got each of them a pencil with smiley faces on it and an oatmeal pie (cookie) thingy. The note attached to the treats said "Happy Pi Day!" I'm not for sure how many math teachers go the pun, but it was nice to do something special for them.

4. Made Soda Bread for various staff members
              This weekend celebrates St. Patrick's Day, which being from an Irish family - it is an important time of the year. My mother gets all crazy with sprinkling the baby powder all around the house and hiding golden coins. Me, I'm into making the family's traditional Irish Soda Bread. I couldn't find just pure raisins for the ingredients of the bread - so I made the dough and folded in a mixture of cranberries & grapes into the mix. The cranberries gave the bread an extra good flavor. The next time that I make some loaves, I will use just cranberries. So I made 5 mini loaves in total and took 3 of the loaves into work to share with others. I hope that every enjoyed them. 

5. Bought Easter Candy for church
               So the church that I attend is having a special Easter Egg hunt for the younger kids and is asking for wrapped Easter candy  that can be used inside the fake eggs. The only problem is to find special candy that will fit in a plastic Easter eggs and doesn't have any peanut butter ingredients involved. This makes shopping for this special item very unique :-) However, I did and bought 3 bags of various tootsie roll flavores and different hershey kisses with various flavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment