Saturday, March 10, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 235 Recovered

1. Wrote a 'Congratulation' note to another teacher
               So there is this wonderful ELA teacher at my school that is also in charge of a very special foreign language program, as well as, taking charge of the after school advanced knowledge based competitive team. Well, because of all of these special programs that she facilitates, she was recently given a special award. I'm so proud of her and honored that she works at the same school that I do. The students and faculty members are truly blessed to have her in our staff family. It was easy and simple to congratulate someone like her :-)

2. Bought hand sanitizer for worship area
          I noticed the other day in service that one of the singers has had a cold for the past 3 weeks. When she went to use the item prior and after the sharing of peace - it was totally empty. So while I was grocery shopping this weekend, I bought another bottle for the service area. Something simple to do, but helps others when in need.

3. Wrote a 'Get Well' card to church shut in
           Oh how I miss this one particular member of the church at the services. Recently I found out that she was moved out of her home and into a nursing facility due to her diminishing health. Also, she has recently become angry with religion in letting her become so dilapidated. This isn't the same person that I knew just a few months ago that always had something nice to say to my son. Instantly I knew that I needed to write her a card hoping that she was getting well and that I was thinking/praying about her.

4. Gave extra money for a project at school
            So the president of our PTSA recently had a painful fall and became in need a surgical procedure. I have taught some of her children and have spoken to her personal for a numerous amount of years - so it was worrisome when I heard of this news. Shortly after there was a school email that went out asking for staff members to contribute $1-$2 to cover for a flower arrangement. I gave more than just the bare minimum mainly because I knew how supportive this parent is of our school and to cover any other staff member that couldn't pay.

5. Bought snacks for staff day
               Yesterday at school was an early dismissal day at school. Every so often various teachers are asked to bring in something to share with others. I wanted to help this time so I went on the healthy kick and brought in veggies and dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment