Sunday, March 4, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 232 Recovered

1. Picked up a dropped I-Pod at church
                   So there was a young kid (around the age of 4ish) that sat in front of me at church this morning. In the midst of the sermon he was playing some sort of game on his I-pod (?). Once proceeding to accomplish the level that he was working on, he go so excited that he accidentally dropped it onto the floor. His mother was frustrated with the scene and the kid was frustrated that it slid away from where he was sitting. I was closer to me so I easily picked it up and passed it to him. Although I have strong opinions about having kids play video games during church, I knew that it was the right thing to do to pick up the device and handed it to him.

2. Bought a book for my mother and her school
                For the past month my mother has been looking for the Dr. Seuss book - The Tooth book. Last week was Dr. Seuss' birthday, as well as, the local dentist came to her school to talk about proper good teeth care. Always trying to find a literary connection, she knew of this particular story well. In fact there is an entire series - The foot book, The nose book, etc. Unfortunately she couldn't find her copy of it, nor could find a copy of this story in any of the local stores near where we lived. I happened to be taking care of some errands this morning and noticed that the department store that I was in had a display of various Dr. Seuss stories. Low and behold was a big yellow book that contained the various 'me' stories - including 'The Tooth' book. I was so pleased to get it because I knew that it would make my mother very happy and that she would share it with the students in her school
*I also bought my son a Dr. Seuss book titled, "Yerdly the Turtle." Gotta Love the Dr. S!

3. Bought jelly beans for my step father
                Last week my son had an extensive procedure done to several teeth within his mouth. Although I was able to take off in the morning to assist at the pediatric dentist office, I had to return to my work in order to prepare the students for the various festivals. My step father quickly and easily volunteer to take care of my son until my mom (Nanny) was able to leave work. Jelly beans are just a small way to say thank you!

Anyway, my dog had 1 cinnamon which he quickly took when it hit the floor before anyone could get to it. He then proceeded to roll it around in his mouth as he yelped and ran around the house.Then when he did spit it out, he sat on it so that no one else could get to it. Needless to say that he has been drinking water non stop for the past 15 min.

4. Bought Girl Scout cookies
               So while I was leaving the grocery store, 4 of my 6th grade band students stopped me to buy some GS cookies. How could I say no - they are my girls ;-) Anyway, I bought this kind that is called 'Tag A-longs' - I am planning on taking them to work because I eat very little junk food and cookies.

5. Gave extra Jelly Beans away
               While I was in the process of paying for the cookies that I will be giving to my step father and that my girls where chanting, I asked them if I could pay them off with the amount of Jelly Beans. They giggled and laugh at first - but I was dead serious. So after I was finished paying with using legal currency, I let each of the girls get a handful of jelly beans. The container is so large that it was easy to share. I hope that they got some good pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment