Saturday, March 10, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 234 Recovered

1. Bought more school supplies for Lenten Project
                When it comes to clothes shopping, I'm horrible at this task. I have a hard time in justifying the price of shoes, shirts, and pants - which in my opinion are completely unreasonable. However, I love buying school supplies and can easily spend $100 within minutes. Maybe it is the fact that I value education more than clothes, I'm not for sure. Anyway, like I've mention in previous pennies the church that I attend is holding a Lenten Project which includes collecting specific school supplies to give to various communities in Africa. Today it was my donation of erasers, crayons, and rulers. I'm happy to give towards this project :-)

2. Wrote a 'Thank You' card
             The church's youth and educational program director has recently celebrated her 14th year anniversary of working with the church. She does so much for the programming of the various groups and activities. It was easy to write her a thank you note and included a pack of flip/flop stickers. Why the stickers? She loves the summer time so that she can wear these types of shoes. Also she has a pair of shorts that are decorated with these little shoes. There is never a time goes by that I see flip/flops and don't think of her.

3. Made scones for staff
              I was itching to bake something this past weekend and found butterscotch chips. Immediately I thought of scones :-). So I made my traditional chocolate chip, cinnamon, and introduced butterscotch. I am in training for an up coming race and only taste tested a little of the chocolate chip, but then took everything in for the staff to enjoy at school :-) Soon it will be St. Patrick's Day and I am planning some Irish Cream Cookies and Irish Soda Bread.

4. Wrote a 'Thank You' note to a student
              Yes, I normally write thank you notes to the adults that I know for various things that I appreciate that they do. But this time, I just had to write something to one of my students. I have been really pushing my students in preparing them for an upcoming music festival event. I have a clarinet student that at the beginning of the year hated band because of the past school year. Anyway, now she loves it and is constantly pushing the other students in class to work harder. I'm so proud of her. Well, the other day she suggested for the entire band to perform for the school. "I want my friends to hear how hard we are working. So Ms. Kline, you need to schedule for us a band concert to showcase our work." Did I say that I was so proud of her? She is pushing me to work harder. I love this! Anyway, I just had to write her a thank you note for inspiring me - and gave her a packet of m&m's.

5. Wrote a 'Congrats' card to an administrator
               Recently the wife of the administrator just had a baby. I wrote a brief note of congratulations and included a gift card to a local store. Babies are a welcomed joy to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment