Monday, December 26, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 312

1. Gave my seat to another person at a conference
              I was at a mini conference today that focused on how to integrate music, drama, dance, and art into the academic classroom. It was really interesting to see how other teachers viewed my curriculum. Anyway, I got to a session earlier and prepared my area for a working lecture about the balance of art and literature when another person sat down beside me. We were on stools and I was on a shorter one while the person beside me was on a taller one. I was ok with the shorter one, but obviously he wasn't - so I easily gave him my seat to make him more comfortable. It actually worked out that the taller seat was better for me anyway.

2. Bought & gave cookies to the other teachers that attended my presentation
               I just wanted to do something nice and give a special treat to those teachers who choose to attend my session at the conference. By the way - it was a session where I talked & demonstrated about world dance & music. It was pretty cool to be able to talk to various teachers.

3. Cleaned up the music room for another teacher and left him a thank you note for letting me borrow his room
                 Again, at the conference I conducted my session from another teacher's music room and just wanted to leave a thank you note for him.


4. Helped chaperoned a school dance
                   It was the spring formal dance for the 8th grade students. A really special night. 
I'm glad that the kids had a really nice time tonight. It was great to see them all dressed up.
                 
5. Helped clean up after the school's dance

             It was a beautiful dance and I am glad that the kids enjoyed it. But once everyone left, wow there was a lot to clean up. So I stuck around and did what I do best - cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment