Sunday, December 4, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 310

1. Brought in flowers for various staff members
             We had a really special student ceremony at school yesterday. I just wanted to treat those staff members that helped organized and part-take in the event. It was a beautiful ceremony and the parents, students, and faculty was really pleased with the event. 

2. Wrote a Thank you note to another teacher who volunteer to watch my students

               I had to help in administering a state assessment earlier this morning. Unfortunately, that meant that I was not able to see one of my band classes for regular attendance. Therefore, I needed another teacher to watch them while I was away doing this other work. I just wanted to say a special thank you to this particular teacher - with a note and a simple piece of candy.

3. Wrote a Good Luck not to a music teacher 

                 His orchestra ensemble has their spring concert tonight. They all have been working really hard in putting this program together.

4. Brought in snacks for an after school student activity 

           So I have a small woodwind ensemble group that has met throughout the school year. Their spring performance circuit is officially done, which is great because it is one less thing that I need to worry about. However, I will miss working with these students throughout the summer and some of them will be graduating the middle school and going on with their high school lives. I just wanted to officially say thank you for all of their hard work throughout the school year. The nicest thing about having this simple spring party is that the kids are so cool. They wrote me notes on a card, got me flowers, got me a dance video, and gift cards to shop. I can really use the gift cards because my son needs some  summer clothes. Regardless if they didn't have gotten me anything - They are a bunch of cool kids. I have been really lucky to have them this year.

5. Returned programs for another teacher that were being copied for his concert

                   The orchestra programs were left in the copier room. I figured that this music teacher may need them for tonight's performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment