Wednesday, December 28, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 314

1. Sent pictures of art from another school to an art teacher to use in classroom
            I always like to share information with other teachers in my building that I think that they may be able to use within their classroom. The two art teachers in my building are amazing - really. They can find inspiration and themed units from anything.  So whenever I see student artwork, I just feel compelled to share with them.

2. Sent resources about Biblical women to the church's female student group leader
           She is starting a discussion group about famous female people from the Bible. I thought that this extra resource could help her organize and plan. My favorite Biblical female is - hands down - is Esther. Her courage to stand for her family while being so afraid, just the strength is awe inspiring. The name is very beautiful and only have taught one student with it :-)  - she played the clarinet. The first time I met her, she gave me that look when I said her name - like, "I know - its a weird name." Reading her expression I told her that I have always loved the name because the strength of the character. 



By the way, my son also likes to watch the Veggietale's reenactment of this story.

3. Sent a text to another woman from church who is traveling this weekend
              Just wanted to wish her safe travels.

4. Went to art teachers' and students' art show
              Several of my students were displaying their artwork at the event - one even won a first place prize in the category of sculptures :-) It's important as teachers to support each other's programs - especially in the area of Music & Fine Arts - because when finding is reduced we are normally the ones that are dismissed. If we don't stand together, we will surely fall separately.

5. Helped another band director set up for his outside concert
                   The local high school band played at a community park this evening and my Woodwind Ensemble students opened up for them. Thankfully, it was the last performance of the school year for them - yeah! It was a really pretty night - nice temp, slight breeze, no rain & good music. Everyone should take time to listen to an outside concert in the late spring/early summer months - at least once in their life. There's something magical about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment