Thursday, December 29, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 315

1. Wrote 2 "Excellent Job" notes to the art teachers for putting together a wonderful student art show.
               Yes, I know that it showcased only student made artwork - but it was so wonderful to look at - to recognize the names of the students that I also teach. To see all of the hard work from the two art teachers. If you ever have the opportunity to go to an art gallery of student work, do so. It is amazing to see how talented some of the youth really are. Personally, I am a horrible artist - so to see this talent from such young people - I'm impressed.


2. Gave an ice cream gift card to a staff member for her daughter
                This particular staff member brought her daughter to the school dance Saturday night. She was so well behaved and really deserved something special.
               
3. Gave extra art supplies to the Art Department
               I had to buy color streamers for a project that i was doing with some of my students. We were talking about 'The Planets' from Gustav Holst. In particular we were talking about the movement about Jupiter. Even though the music isn't really about the orbital planets, but more about the Greek/Roman mythology - I let them wrap me up with colored streamers just like the bands on Jupiter - they loved it, especially when I exploded at the end. Anyway, I had a good amount left over that I knew that the art department could use for something.

4. Took back the cart of another customer
                    Just because.

5. Wrote a "Thinking of You" card to a church shut in
                  Haven't seen her in a while and just wanted to say hi.

6. Replaced the chairs that were used from a classroom for an evening dance.
               I noticed that some chairs weren't set back correctly after the dance sat night. So I just wanted to straighten things up properly for another teacher before they came into their classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment