Friday, December 30, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 316

1. Wrote 2 "Thank You" notes to those staff members that covered my afternoon class.
               I had a special student activity this afternoon and two other staff members volunteered to cover my classes. I really appreciated their willingness to help me out at the last minute. So I wrote a simple thank you note and included a piece of candy to each.             

2. Wrote "Nice Job" notes to other staff members that have done extra student based activities
                Lets see here-
                    The Spanish teacher took her kids to the local Spanish Restaurant as a hands on Field trip
                    Two other teachers coordinated and implemented a successful student leadership activity day
                    Then there was the organization of the 5th grade orientation & visitation program

3. Helped clean up the cafeteria after the student leadership activity
                It wasn't a big mess, but tables needed to be moved back and wiped down. Easy to do.

4. Wrote a "Thinking of You" card to a staff member who is having some family health issue problems
               One of my close friends father is in the hospital. It makes me sad knowing that she is going through this hardship and doesn't want to talk about it much. So I decided that a simple thinking of you card would brighten her day.

5. Made my mother her favorite bread & bought her flowers to wish her luck at work tomorrow
                She has her annual State Regulation Evaluation. She has been working really long hours for the past 2 weeks trying to get everything ready. I know that she will do well - it's just the stress of it all. By the way, it was Banana Walnut Bread :-)

6. Helped a woman at the grocery store in reaching some food items
                *This is my favorite.
                 There was a woman who had her baby in one of those frontal sling carriers - FYI - I'm pretty sure that my son spent almost his first 6 months in one of those. I basically wore it constantly. I had 2 of them so that I always had one clean. Anyway, here was this woman trying to bend over, hold onto her baby, and also pick up a watermelon. I had to chuckle at the sight. Sort of like been there, done that type of thing. I just simply went over and picked up the water melon for her out of the bin. She was so grateful. I remember those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment