Tuesday, June 19, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 248 Recovered

Its been a while since I've posted anything, sorry about that.
But here's the continuation of my adventure...

1. Bought a special snack for another person
           So I was at a special ceremony in honoring another fellow teacher for his achievements throughout the school year. This ceremony was accompanied by a fancy dinner including dessert of a lemon cheese cake type of thing. The woman that sat by me (my principal's wife) talked about how much she loves desserts but has to watch her calorie intake because she wants to maintain a healthy weight. She then continued to talk about her favorite snack that she absolutely loves were chocolate covered pretzels. I always like hearing things like this and try to keep them in mine when I am out and about in grocery shopping. So yesterday along with my regular groceries I bought her a box of reduced calorie mini chocolate covered pretzels snack bags. I gave this to my principal along with a note for his wife in thanking her for a wonderful conversation.

2. Sent an "In Sympathy" card
             Another person that goes to the church that I attend recently lost her brother due to Brain Cancer. He has been struggling with this disease for at least the past 6 months and he put up a good fight. I just wanted to extend my thoughtful prayers to her and her family.

3. Gave another teacher sticky notes
             I was helping another teacher organize her materials for the end of the school year clean up ritual, when I heard her say that she wish that she had a packet of sticky notes. I had some extra packets in my office, so I simply just got a few and gave them to her. Easy to do.

4. Bought a princess crown for another teacher
            So at this special ceremony that I mentioned in penny 1 of this entry, another teacher in a nearby school was voted as the Teacher of the Year within the county/school system that I teach in. I was so happy for her because she is a great teacher and I happened to have taught both of her kids in my music classes in previous school years. The first thing that she joked about was trading her new car for a fancy tiara, which made me start to think - they have these types of play items at local dollar stores in the kid section. So the next day I went to the store, bought one, and put it in the school mail with her name and school on it. Simple - now its official :-)

5. Bought items for mission project
            In the winter time, we are often using chap stick due to the dry air. However, it is just as important to use this item year round as well. One of the church's on going mission projects is to collect simple hygiene items for the local homeless shelters. Today I bought/gave several tubes of lip balm for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment