Tuesday, April 10, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 245 Recovered




1. Made cupcakes for son's Easter class party
                  So my son had the day off from school today and wanted to go back to his preschool from last year because his former teacher invited him to their class' Easter Party. So last night Sean and I went and made chocolate cupcakes. I dyed the frosting green and he decorated each of them with jelly beans. He really likes to cook because there is so much math involved. I made an extra one for him as his dessert for eating a good dinner and helping me. The least that I could do for this class since his former teacher invited him.



2. Made a special dessert for birthday party
                  So one of my mom's friends turned 50 today and had a family/friend birthday party at her house. I was still in the cooking mood from my son's cupcakes, so I decided to try something new. Since it is the season of spring I made these things that I call "Bird's nests." Basically it is cocoa rice crispy treats molded in a cupcake holder with bird eggs candies inside put together by fluff. They were quickly consumed by the guests!



3. Donated Easter Eggs to hide
                   So my son was invited this weekend to an Easter Egg hunt at a friend's church. Prior to going we dipped some eggs and filled up some plastic ones so that there were enough of eggs to hide & find. We ended up donated a dozen of painted eggs (with green, purple, and pink fingers) and 40 plastic eggs. Thank goodness that we did this - there were 75 kids there!!!

4. Made cookies for the Easter party
                   In addition to donating eggs, my son and I quickly made those pre-cut out frozen cookies. He choose to bake the ones that had the baby chick coming out of the egg since we were going to an egg party. Like OCD mother, like OCD son :-)

5. Wrote a 'Get Well' card to another teacher
                   Recently the French teacher had back surgery and so I just wanted to wish her speedy health and a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment