Tuesday, April 3, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 243 Recovered

1. Complimented another person for losing weight at church
                So my son's Godfather at church has been on a fitness program since Thanksgiving this year. At first he was losing a lot of weight and felt really great about himself. Then he started to level off some and the frustration sort of started to seep in. However, he has continued to go to his morning training sessions and continued with his diet/portion control. The other day at church was the first time in several years that I noticed he had his shirt tucked in. He normally wears it our so it just drapes over him, but now that he had it tucked in you could really tell that he was losing weight. I just had to give him the compliment. He told me that he was starting to feel like giving up because he didn't see any difference this past month, but that I noticed really made him feel better about making healthier choices.

2. Cleaned up a snack mess
                 White powdered mini donuts are a miraculous thing. No matter how cautious or careful you are, somehow the sugar just goes everywhere. Anyway, a child was sitting at the snack table with my son eating one of these donuts when it decided to roll out of her hands and onto the floor. It seriously looked like a crime when FBI agents are finger-proofing a room. The child picked up the dropped donut and threw it away before heading to Sunday School, but the traces of the accident still remained. I easily got a broom and swept up the 'evidence.' When my OCD is a blessing.

3. Made a Cinnamon Coffee Cake for front office
             The administrators of my building seemed to be having a rough spring lately. The secretaries have been fielding constant calls about the closing of school during the Spring Break. There seems to be more sickness going around than normal and the Nurses just seem to be working harder. I just wanted to do something nice prior to Easter Break for the Front Office staff to let them know that they are very much appreciated.

4. Sent a Birthday card to another teacher
                I don't know about you, but I love getting cards in the mail - especially if it isn't about bills or owing money. I remember being a kid and always awaiting my birthday to received cards. It made me feel special. Still this 30 something loves receiving the 'love notes.' So another staff member will be celebrating her birthday over the Spring Break. I just felt that it would be nice to send her a card so that she knew that she was being thought of. Easy to do..

5. Wrote a 'Welcome Note' to another staff member
                The French teacher will be out for the next couple of weeks and in replacement we have a long term substitute. I remember being a LTS; actually it is how I got started in the school that 10 years down the road I am still a teacher of. For me it was very nerve racking because I didn't know the students or the routines. I actually started about this time too. By the time that I understood who was who and what was what it was just about the last day of school. At least this welcome note is a small way for me to say hi to this new staff member.

No comments:

Post a Comment