Wednesday, August 1, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 253 Recovered

*Sorry that I haven't posted anything recently, time just slipped away.


1. Bought my mom a new pair of shoes
            Like I've said in earlier postings, my mom is a very humble and stubborn woman. Rarely does she ever buy herself anything nice because she wants her money to be spent on others. Anyway, she has been having some problems at work that are really bothering her emotionally. Although I can not solve these problems, I felt that I needed to do something else nice for her. I have a pair of sports sandals that are extremely comfortable and that she has often said that she would really like a pair. So that is what exactly I did. I went to the sports store and bought her a pair. Something to enjoy. The world somehow feels better when you take care of your feet.

2. Made a special snack for teacher meeting
           So it is summer time now and regularly meeting for various school related programs have taken a brief hiatus. However, today some of us met to discuss future advisory program for the up coming school year. Just to make this gather a bit sweeter, I made 'Monkey Bread' for everyone to enjoy!

It is extremely easy to make! Here's the recipe:
 http://allrecipes.com/recipe/monkey-bread-i/detail.aspx



3. Made special scones for staff member
              So the one teacher that works for my mother at her child care center is Greek and gave me a wonderful traditional recipe for Baklava. In return, I made her favorite Cranberry Orange scones. I really like making scones and have developed several different flavors.

This is a really simple basic recipe that I use before I add the different flavors such as Blueberry, lemon, cinnamon, chocolate chip, butterscotch, coffee, etc:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/scones/

4. Made Church Staff Baklava
             We just finished our Vacation Bible School week that focused on the story of Daniel and Babylon. Next year's adventure takes us to Greece. Just to treat the church staff for all of their work that they put into pulling this program together, I decided to make them Baklava - maybe as added inspiration for next year. I wish that I could share the full recipe, but since it is a family traditional - I can't. Sorry :-(

But here's a pic-

5. Listened to previous band students performances
             Two of my previous band students played their instruments at a special Church service today. I am so proud of both of them because they are amazing musicians and have grown so much in their musical abilities. The one is graduating from high school this year and is moving onto college, but she is not majoring in music :-( The other one will be a Senior in the fall and is looking at attending a music college with aspirations of being a music teacher! It was a great performance!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment