Wednesday, August 1, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 254 Recovered

1. Made treats for workout partners
          I have a few people that I work out with at school during the regular school year. They are really great to be with. Even though we all have different fitness goals and as much as they say I motivate them, they really motivate me to show up time and time again. Like I can't not show - they are depending on me. So its the end of the school year and summer vacation is just a day away. I wanted to make them something special to have at home for breakfast in the morning. I love making scones for the mere fact that they are rarely found in any bakery locally and I have become really good at them. Each one likes a different flavor :-) The good thing is that I portioned out the scones into individual baggies so that they won't eat them all in one setting.

2. Made extra food for staff picnic
            All I was responsible for was to bring drinks, but I felt that I needed to contribute more than just that. I was in the baking mood so I made this special cold veggie/noodle salad for everyone to enjoy. The funny thing is that as much as I worry about there not being enough of food for the entire school staff to eat, we always have more than enough at the end of the day.

3. Wrote a 'Get Well' card to a student
           A few days before school left out, one of my flute students went into the hospital for a scheduled intense back surgery. She told me before going that she was really nervous about everything and would be laying around most of the summer. She seemed really sad about everything and worried that her friends would forget her. So I decided that every so often this summer I would write her a 'Get Well' card to brighten her day. Her mom emailed a few days ago saying that the surgery went very well and despite the pain that her daughter was in, it should fix a lot of health problems in the long run.

4. Wrote a 'Thank You' card to a sales woman
             My cell phone has be breaking for awhile - must have been all of the times that I dropped it while walking my dog. I know that this sounds like a middle school excuse, but it is totally true! Anyway, I needed to get it replaced but I know nothing about cell phones. In fact, much of the new technology intimidates me a bit more than what I would like it to. The sales woman at the cell phone store was really patient with me in helping me choose a device that I knew that I could operate and use. I was so thankful that she helped me and didn't take advantage of my ignorance in the various devices, so I simply wrote her a 'Thank You' card. When I went to deliver it, she was talking to another customer, so I just laid it beside the displayed phone that I ended up buying.

5. Returned a left behind pair of shoes
             My son has been taking swim lessons since he was 6 months old. He has been doing a really great job lately and is almost ready to pass onto the next level :-) Anyway, I noticed that a kid in the previous class left her sandals under the one observation bench. So when her and her mom came in to scope the area out, I went up and gave her the shoes that she was looking for. With a big beautiful toothy smile she said thank you and was on her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment